Friday, August 14, 2009

Sister & brother

Photobucket
These are some of my favorite pictures ever! Mainly because these two cute young adults are part of my history. I've known Elizabeth and Brendan as far back as I can remember. We lived one house away when we all grew up in a little cul-de-sac in Renton. When I got old enough, I started babysitting these two and that's when our history together really began.
Photobucket
Elizabeth and Brendan were the CUTEST kids. Always polite, always cheerful, always ready to run up and give me hugs. Both of them. They both had unique personalities and as brother and sister, got along together really well. They were so easy to babysit because they minded so well and we all had so much fun together.
Photobucket
The only sad thing? Yeah. See below.
Photobucket
Pretty much I have to say GO COUGS, GO COUGS, GO COUGS! When Elizabeth graduated high school in 2006 (after being an awesome yearbook editor, just like me!), she chose the University of Washington. Brendan just graduated this year and what college do you think he chose?
Photobucket
Yep. I love these kids but NO ONE looks good in purple. :) (Clearly, I am a Washington State University grad.)
Photobucket
I'm proud of both Ebie and Brendan. Elizabeth's gotten really involved in her sorority and has chosen Informatics (basically a study of the relationships between people, information and technology) as her major and loves it. Brendan has always been an AWESOME student as well and I know he'll go on to accomplish great things in college too.
Photobucket
Aren't they cute?
Photobucket
I cannot bring myself to understand how Brendan grew from a quiet little towhead to this handsome college student. Seriously! He's 10 years younger than me and Elizabeth is eight years younger, but I feel with them like parents must feel of their children when all of a sudden they seem to blink and be looking at their babies as adults. I'm always amazed at the mature things both Ebie and Brendan say and accomplish.
Photobucket
I can only hope my own children get along as great as Elizabeth and Brendan do. They laugh at each other, tease each other, trust each other with some appropriate secrets and encourage each other.
Photobucket

Photobucket
You might not be able to tell here, but these are two tall cats. Like, six feet tall. I come up to Ebie's chin or something like that. And for so long it was pretty cute because Brendan was always shorter than Ebie. Not anymore!
Photobucket

Photobucket
They both have been waterskiiers since they were wee little ones. I'll never forget seeing their teeny life jackets and skis in their family boat back when I used to babysit them. Now they both wakeboard and Ebie is on the UW Waterskiing Team. I'm sad to say that I've never actually gotten to see either of them on the water, though! I'm not so much a water sports girl. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket
I love you guys. Thanks for asking me to come up to campus and spend some time with you. I hope your mom enjoyed her pictures (the two wanted to take these for a birthday present for their mom). I also hope Uncle Rich (their uncle is a photographer!) approves of how I portrayed you two! :) Keep in touch -- don't ever stop calling me and keeping your big "sis" updated on what's going on in your sweet lives!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment