Monday, January 26, 2009

Jackson again

I realized that before I continued on with my Lucas and Lauren pictures that I still had a bunch of pictures from my shoot with Jackson and his three women! Here are more pictures from my shoot with Baby Jackson, Katia and her mother and grandmother. I'm still really learning how to use my flash (SB-800) and I have NOT mastered it yet. Really. I need to practice with this a LOT and maybe find some good resources to teach me. I am still much happier shooting in natural light.

Here are links to the other two posts of shoots I've done with the Long family:
November 2008
January 2009
I LOVE this one of Katia and Jackson! I love it in color, too.
Doesn't he just have the best eyes and the cutest little baby pout?




I think I should have lightened up Jackson's face in this one a little bit more. I don't care for how everything is all the same shade of gray. But I love his yawn.
This one of Jackson in his crib was cute in color too (the shade of pale green Katia picked for Jackson's walls is awesome) but I couldn't figure out the right white balance to use in the room ... the lighting was really tricky and the color version never quite looked right to me. But check out those sweet pictures above the crib of Katia when she was pregnant. Beautiful!
Here's one where the flash seemed to work out okay.
Love that little caterpillar rocker!



2 comments:

  1. Wow Mandy. I don't know if that baby is just really photogenic, or if you are just really good. Either way, you are doing SUCH a great job! Love all the sweet baby shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be neat to do a hands shot of all these beautiful women with Luke holding his mom's finger. I saw a wedding shot like that of the bride, mom and grandma's wedding rings and it was so beautiful. I love the various ages shown in hands!

    ReplyDelete