Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby Joss

So here we go. I am starting a photography blog. This is just a place to collect the pictures I've been taking, to start a portfolio and to track what I'm learning as I go. I have some great friends who have allowed me to practice on them and these first batches of pictures are of their children and their families. I took these before I got my new 50mm 1.8 lens, so I just used the two kit lenses I got when I purchased my D50 (or, should I say, when my thoughtful HUBBY purchased my camera for me).

It's funny -- I took these pictures maybe just one month ago, and already I see things I would do differently next time ... my exposure wasn't quite right in some of them and I can see I overdid a lot of the editing on a few. I'm always going to post original photos on this blog. That does not mean straight-out-of-the-camera images, it just means I'm not going to go back and "fix" things once I learn new tricks. I want to be able to see how I've grown as I take more and more pictures.

Anyway, these first pictures below are of Meredith and Joss. I've known Meredith since third grade and we've recently reconnected over emails/talks of our adventures in motherhood. Joss was born in August and is a sweet, tiny little girl Emma likes to hang out with once a week. It was so fun taking these pictures. Meredith had some great creative ideas for what she wanted to do so that was really helpful (like in that first picture, Joss is on one of her daddy's drums -- Meredith's idea).

Emma and I can't wait for Joss to grow and so the girls can play more together. Thanks for the chance to take pictures of your darling daughter, Meredith & CJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment