Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Long Family

Today Emma stayed with Daddy and I went to take some pictures of the Long family. Katia and I have known each other for ... we aren't really sure exactly how many years but it is a lot. We danced together at the same studio and we both started before we were in kindergarten. Anyway, Katia wanted some family pictures outside in the beautiful fall scenes. Her adorable little son is Jackson, and he was born on July 5 (Katia has an awesome picture of her waving a little USA flag at the hospital because she was in labor on Independence Day).

I took these pictures with the two "kit lenses" I have and my new 50mm 1.8. Mostly with the 50mm. I love me some 50mm pictures. I did edit all of them a little bit in PhotoShop -- bumped up the color, converted to black & white and sepia, etc.

It was really fun getting these pictures and Jackson did such a great job going along with all the pictures we wanted to take. Thank you both, Katia & Jared, for giving me my first opportunity to practice with a family. You were all so happy, excited, encouraging and patient. I love these pictures! You're a beautiful family!














8 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful photos. I am really glad you have found a hobby you love and who knows what it may become. These are definitely better than the photos we tried to have done at JCPennys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job!!! Start chargin'!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are amazing, nice job Mandy!! Love me some pictures of my beautiful nephew!

    -Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did an amazing job. wow, i'm truly impressed! i love it. would you come do ours? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definately have a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Photos! Where did you find all of those beautiful leaves???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are beautiful! What a gorgeous family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for spreading the Love through your lens --

    ReplyDelete