Monday, November 24, 2008

Color, B&W or sepia?

Today was the 10-year anniversary of James' and my first date. The first time we held hands ("Awwww..."). And the 4-year anniversary of the day he proposed to me and we got engaged. So we had a family day today. I have more pictures from this day to share ... head on over to my other blog to see those. In the meantime, which of these three below do you like best? Color, black and white, or sepia? I think mostly it's a personal preference ... and I'm not sure what mine is, exactly. I'm just excited that I got the sunlight flare effect to work! I have no idea if that's the real term for it ... I just made it up here on the spot. I just know I love it in my pictures! I know I overexposed part of the top picture ... the sky is way too blown out. I still love the picture, overexposed or not. Anyway, what do you think about these pictures below? Color, black and white or sepia?

4 comments:

  1. how full circle with little emma in his arms. :) very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! BEAUTIFUL is the only way to describe it. I am all for the sepia tones. Talk about tearing at the heart strings! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, I like the sepia one best. To me, the background in the color photo competes with your subject. The b&w is very nice, but I like the detail and softness that the sepia tone supplies. It works the best with your subject.

    ReplyDelete