Friday, November 21, 2008

My practice model


I'm having so much fun with my camera. I feel like we have an entirely new relationship. Like I KNOW HOW SHE WORKS NOW! We know how to work together to get the pictures we've been wanting for years. I also have learned a bunch more about PhotoShop and it is really helping me to edit pictures even better than before. That being said, now that my camera and I have a more personal relationship, I don't need PhotoShop as much because my SOOC (straight-out-of-the-camera) pictures look better when I use the settings properly. Like these pictures of my dear child. I hardly edited them at all. I bumped back the levels just a teensy-tiny bit and that's it. I think I sharpened one of them just a tad.
Since my daughter lives with me, she's my main model. So as I practice with new ideas, she'll be the face you see on this blog often. Even so, I have a bunch of shoots lined up and in the works coming up soon, hopefully. I have a lot of friends who would like some Christmas pictures ... I'm so excited.
And so is Emma. She recently started pulling herself up to her knees (ALL the time) and to a standing position (some of the time)! She's so sweet and independent and quite resilient when she loses her balance and takes a little tumble.
Ooh, and check out my family blog for a DELICIOUS pumpkin cookie recipe ... and pictures of the delightful little treats too, of course. :)

1 comment:

  1. She is such a beautiful girl! Nice Pictures :)

    ReplyDelete