Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Creativity?

I really liked this post on a photography blog I visit. This is how I feel about my work a lot of the time ... I totally feel in a trance when I'm on a shoot and when I'm driving home I'm almost panicking because I can't really remember what kind of pictures I got. I worry that I didn't get anything good, that I made the clients uncomfortable, that I was overwhelming in my excitement. I always hope the clients have as much fun as I do and sometimes I know I can shoot for a long time (so far, everyone's been such troopers). Then usually, I get home, look at my pictures and am SO THANKFUL that I've been getting to do this. I have so much to learn and I have a looooooooonngg way to go in this journey, but for now ... I'm thrilled with what I've been doing. And proud. Thank you to everyone who has been supporting me in this adventure -- my clients, my friends and of course, my family.

We're ready to file the paperwork to make the business official. And we're not filing as "m. photography" like I thought we would. I'll share the new name and a new blog address in a few weeks. I'm working on logos, doing research for website development and planning out my rates/packages. My goal to have everything complete and to start shooting at my official rates is June. I have a lot to do between now and then ... and maybe I'll make that deadline, maybe I won't. I have several other commitments smack dab in the middle of that timeframe. While getting the business up and running is a big priority for me, it is lower in my lineup when it comes to tasks during the day. The kid, the hubby and the home life come first. Once both lovies are snug in bed, I regularly find myself staying up past midnight just so I can do some research and some editing.

Also, thank you to everyone who's still waiting for me to schedule their session ... I have at least six different people I still need to call back to work out schedules. I'm working on it, I promise!

Anyway, come back soon for more pictures from my awesome engagement session with Kevin & Erika. I am so excited to share more of these images.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like everything is going so well! you'll have to walk me through what you're doing with the business license, etc. i'm so sorry i haven't responded to your facebook note, i've been awful at correspondence lately between work and school. i promise to respond soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any questions regarding getting started, etc...please ask away as I just did all this!! :) We need to plan coffee soon! Email me!

    ReplyDelete