Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter session -- Thompson

Photobucket
I had the privilege of getting together with Paul, Marissa and Cooper again last weekend. I got to take their family pictures this winter -- two different times! They just might win the record for being having the most family pictures posted on this blog. They have been so supportive of me and my photography. When Marissa wanted Easter pictures, I was so excited to work with them again. We were all hoping for nice spring weather ... but it was REALLY cold and quite gray outside. We'd run outside, grab a few frames, then run back inside for a warm-up. Cooper was in a great mood the entire session and didn't even mind wearing bunny ears for a few pictures!
Photobucket
Marissa loves pictures in sepia -- nearly every photo on their wall in the family room is sepia. I had to convert a few for her here.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love the smile on Marissa's face here ... even though you can only see a small part of her face (and those pretty eyelashes), there's no doubt she's smitten with her sweet son.
Photobucket
Photobucket
You think Cooper has fun with his daddy? ;-)
Photobucket
It's Cooper's first Easter and he's got to figure out what the deal is with these plastic eggs.
Photobucket
For all you photographers out there, I used a new action on this one. I downloaded a few new free actions from MCP Actions and used her action called Take Action on Cancer to turn this black and white with a blue tone. Normally I'm not a fan of pictures with duotone-like colors, but for some reason I really like how it worked on this picture.
Photobucket
Photobucket
So I think Cooper pretty much has the coolest nursery. I should have gotten more pictures of it. It's blue and brown, a classic color combination, but Marissa has also collected a ton of baby boy items with a theme of "Prince" and it's just adorable. He's got an awesome set of shelves that are filled with adorable stuffed animals, picture frames, baskets and signs. You can see one of the "Prince" frames in the lefthand side of this picture. Check out the huge diaper pin on the wall, the fun stars and the custom artwork (painted by Marissa's brother!) in another nursery picture a little further down in this post.
Photobucket
Can we take a moment to point out what a beautiful smile Marissa has?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Happy Easter, Thompson family!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. LOVE these, and LOVE the colors! You did a great job! My favorite is the one picture where it looks like you used the seventies action...which my favorite lately. He is SO stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. most adorable. and i love the vibrant color use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, Love Love these Mandy and Marissa!

    ReplyDelete