Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Kevin & Erika, Part II

Photobucket
So my goodness, I have loved editing these pictures. I love editing all of my pictures, but the gorgeous Seattle scenery in these, Erika's natural talent for looking beautiful on camera and the sunny weather (when we were in the shade) made these just such a treat to edit. Does Kevin look familiar to you? He's my friend Brian's younger brother ... I did pictures of Brian and Lindsey's twins a few months ago. I've known Brian and Kevin since high school and their parents still live in the same neighborhood my parents do.

Photobucket
See what I'm saying about the natural beauty? I love this calm, secretive look on Erika's face.

Photobucket
Kevin and Erika got engaged in Vegas and are planning their wedding for late July. Erika said she's got her dress picked out and the colors all figured out (black and white) and they still needed to figure out the cake and get their invitations out. They wanted to include a picture in their invitation so hence the engagement photo shoot.

Photobucket
So we had a little fun with an impromptu dance lesson here. I asked them Kevin how he felt about dipping Erika for a picture (some couples feel cheesy doing that, while others love it). They were both totally up for it, but we needed to work on their form just a tad. They were great sports at listening to this dancer-turned-photographer as she critiqued their performances.

Photobucket
Can you say CUTE CUTE CUTE? Just look at them! I love these!

Photobucket
Anyone want to have a session at Pike Place? I am up for ANY kind of session there. I could have shot there all through the night. So many corners and alleys and views and colors and textures to work with. I love it. And it's such a Seattle landmark. One of my favorite pictures from my own wedding was taken right in this very spot.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I have this one in black and white too and for a long while, I couldn't decide which I liked better. I decided to post the one in color because of the mossy green all over the steps.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Remember this one ... it's coming up again in a few.

Photobucket
It was SUCH a wonderful afternoon for a walk around Seattle. I love this city. I love this state.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Ahhh, romance. Engagements. Weddings. It's a glorious time of year. I want to have another wedding. I want to have engagement pictures taken with James again.

Congratulations, Kevin & Erika! You are such a great-looking couple and so sweet as well. I had a blast with you on Sunday. Thanks for sticking with me for all those hours. Enjoy every minute of this time in your life ... you'll never want to forget any of it!

3 comments:

  1. i love the pike place one! you guys must've started early early. i usually go at 7:30am and that's how scarce it looks. great pictures, mandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so great! you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the closeups and the last kiss in b and w. Her eyes are so beautiful and there are a few shots where they are really striking! Especially when she looked at you from the right hand side so her bangs were swept away. It would be really cool to do prebridals with her and do the eye shot over the bouquet.

    ReplyDelete