Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The "everything" session!

Photobucket This shoot was a whirlwind for sure, but SO FUN! Yes, if you recognize the teal bike rack in the picture above, you're not imagining things. I had two shoots at the same beach location within three weeks of each other. It's such a great place for kids to play and it works as an awesome, diverse location ... but I didn't suggest the location for either client -- they each picked it and I so admire their choice.

Photobucket This shoot was a bigger one, with five adults and two little energetic boys. The sisters, Karly and Tasya, wanted a family session with pictures of everyone. We did some toddler portraits, some romantic couple shots, some full group pictures ... this session had it all! I could not even begin to choose which ones to share with you on this blog, so here's a random smorgasbord of some of my favorites (only some ... I could share more pictures of those boys to take up a few more full posts)!

Photobucket Some of my favorites are of the boys with just their parents, one at a time. I love daddy pictures and like I said in my previous post, I also adore mommy pictures. It's so fun to see how children interact differently with each of their parents.

Photobucket Okay, you probably won't believe me when I say that the color in those eyes is natural. The lighting in this particular shot did WONDERS for those REMARKABLE blue eyes. I only enhanced them an itsy-bitsy, teensy-tiny bit (like less than +4 in saturation). I didn't whiten the whites or sharpen the irises. I really did very, very little editing in a several of the pictures of just the boys. They just had perfect, beautiful features!

Photobucket
This little guy wouldn't smile for me much, but he definitely had a gorgeous, intense stare that I loved to capture.

Photobucket
I LOVE this one.

Photobucket This is Karly and her boyfriend Jason. She's the one who contacted me for pictures and was the main mastermind behind the location choice.

Photobucket
Awww, little boys and their dinosaurs. I love dinosaurs!

Photobucket


Photobucket
I have a ton of these Mommy/Son pictures ... those boys were so into their playtime (just as they should be, little explorers that they are) that sometimes it took all four remaining adults jumping around behind me to get them to look in the general direction of the camera. :)

Photobucket Oh, how this one makes my heart sing! I love it when the guys are willing to be so sweet to their wives on camera!

Photobucket
Just how beautiful are these two?? Wow!

Photobucket
Sisters, sisters ...

Photobucket One of many group shots ...

Photobucket Love it!

Photobucket
Check out that stare! Totally mesmerizing.

Photobucket
Again, you know me. I'm a sucker for thick eyelashes and these boys definitely had beautiful lashes.

Photobucket


Photobucket This couple was adorable -- I so love doing couples' sessions and at times, found myself wishing I had them all to myself to really focus on getting more fun, romantic pics of the two of them.

Photobucket
I love this one. I have another version where they're both looking out into the distance and in a lot of cases, I think the staring off into oblivion is sort of cheesy ... but Karly and Jason made it WORK. Work it. :)

Photobucket I'm a sucker for giving kids ice cream at the end of sessions. This is probably the fourth time I've done this and it works SO WELL to get some truly adorable pictures. Ice cream is the solution for really anything, in my opinion. :)
Photobucket
Karly and Tasya, thank you for being so patient with me! Truly, there were so many gorgeous images from your session that I just couldn't bear not editing so many of them. These are only a small preview of what's on your CD and I can't wait for you to see them. It was great to meet all of you ... Tasya, your boys are honestly SO handsome. Their eyes are unbelievable -- their intensity is a photographer's dream! I loved so many of their pictures. Please do let me know which images you all choose for your Christmas cards and thanks again for spending this pretty afternoon with me at the beach! Tell the men thanks for their patience and support that day -- all three of them were so helpful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment