Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ashleigh & Mackenzie, Part I

This is the first of three posts I'm going to do about my most recent shoot. I have lots of pictures to share from this afternoon. I was lucky enough to get to take pictures of two of the cutest little girls I have ever seen. Ashleigh (8) and Mackenzie (5) were so energetic and fun. And they had the best smiles! Their dad wanted some Christmas pictures in their holiday dresses, so we got some inside by the tree first, then the girls changed into their jeans and we all ventured outside (into the freezing temperatures ... it was really cold earlier today and it's actually snowing right now!). We ended the session at a waterfront park nearby (where it was even COLDER with the wind whipping our hair all around).

It was difficult to get some good pictures of the two girls together, but super easy to capture them individually. They both had such awesome personalities and liked to ham it up in front of the camera. The only other challenge I faced were a few lighting issues inside. And I guess it was a little time-consuming when I'd need to switch lenses on my camera. I only have one camera body so when I want to switch from my portrait lens (50mm 1.8) to my wider angle lens (18-55mm kit lens), I have to pause in shooting.

Anyway, here are some of my favorites from the first part of our shoot today. The others will be coming soon...









1 comment:

  1. I love the one you cropped in where the super cute little girl is wearing the ornaments for earrings. That shows so much personality! You did a wonderful job yesterday Mandy.

    ReplyDelete