Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thompsons, again!

This one didn't quite turn out the way I pictured it (and maybe sometime we'll recreate it the way it is in my mind), but after cropping it and playing with the color a little bit, I really like the wintery-passionate look it has. I love how Marissa's hair is blowing in the wind and can you see the snowflakes? That was only the beginning of our snowstorms in Washington.
I couldn't decide if I liked this one better in color or in black & white. I still don't think my color photos are showing up as colorful on this blog as they look when I'm editing them in PhotoShop. Again, there's a Pioneer Woman post I need to re-read about color profiles for printing and for web...
Marissa and Paul said they have a few pictures of the two of them walking this very same pathway from their wedding to their honeymoon suite. I love the idea of their very same feet walking the very same path just two years later, this time with their baby in their arms instead of a bridal bouquet.
I love how cozy they look in this picture. And how Cooper is the only one looking at my camera.
This may have been right after Marissa told Paul that the face he was making made him look like a jack-o-lantern. And then Paul said it was just his hair that made her think of a pumpkin.

There's little Daisy again, this time in a warm pink vest. :)
This was also a recreation of an earlier picture. They have an ADORABLE engagement portrait in this same location on the Cedarbrook campus. That portrait is in color and is a vertical shot (I have one like that too, but I liked this one better ... and I know Marissa likes black & whites).

That blanket Cooper is snuggling with is special. It was handmade for him by his grandmother. Isn't it beautiful?
Another cozy family moment.
At the end of the shoot, Cooper was getting cold and tired. Actually, we all were. Here's Mommy soothing him.
And after the Mommy snuggles, he's happier!

1 comment:

  1. What amazing pictures, I love your angles. I really need to learn to tilt my camera!

    ReplyDelete