Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ashleigh & Mackenzie, Part II

I love these! The girls were more than willing to climb some trees and it helped me make the perfect pictures! Maybe some people don't like some of this editing I'm doing to my pictures, but I love this 70s action I got from PW Action Set 2. Love, love it! It doesn't work on everything, but I think it looks awesome on these outdoor ones.

And now that I bring up actions, I think it's important to note (important to me) that although I do use actions in PhotoShop, I never use them exclusively. I never just run an action and then consider it done. Most of my photos are edited without the use of an action. And the ones that are edited with an action (or two) are always further tweaked by me. No one photo is ever treated exactly the same and I don't take any shortcuts in editing them.

That being said, I don't really know what I'm talking about. I just experiment and play with things until I think they look good. There are a million things that I COULD be doing in PhotoShop that I don't know how to do yet and then another million that I don't even KNOW that I can do. I'm still learning and probably will always be learning because PhotoShop is one full program. And that's okay with me because this is so fun. Anyway, back to more pictures.

When I give my clients their pictures, they get all the originals plus all my edited images. That means that if I change a picture to black and white, I save that as a new file, preserving the original, which was taken in color. So if any of my clients don't care for the fun different looks (like these) or if they see a black and white picture they'd like to have in color, they also have the SOOC (straight-out-of-camera) and minimally-edited color versions, too.
Aww ... I always wanted a sister. Good thing I have a few awesome sisters-in-law. And a pseudo sister of the Ebie variety. And I have a daughter now ... sort of like having a really, really, really young sister. Or even more fun than a sister? Whatever. All I know is that THESE sisters below are adorable.
I asked her for her mad face. This is what she showed me.

So I had like 20 versions of this picture and others similar (with all four good-lookin' people), but this was the ONLY one where all of them had their eyes open and were all looking at the camera. So I learned my lesson. Take WAAAAAAAY more group shots than you think is necessary and hopefully one will turn out well.

Same problem with these shots. I didn't get enough of the three of them. And I really shouldn't have shot with the bright (though cloudy) sky from behind them. I took a few where I exposed for the sky to see if I could work some magic in PhotoShop and blend a better background with the people properly exposed in a separate layer. Ehh ... I wish I had some more of the three of them to share here.
I love this one. Love, love, love. Although the colors don't show up here the way they looked in PhotoShop. I have to see what I have my color profiles set at for these web images ...
Oh my gosh, love this one, too!
I forgot I wanted to add this one to the last post. You think they love their daddy?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy, these are great! You are doing an awesome job, I REALLY like your angles!

    ReplyDelete